Anxiety of Final Semester Students: Mini Review
Keywords:Mini Review; Students; Anxiety; Thesis Exam; Psychological assistance
Students often experience events that may cause anxiety in the final stages of their lectures, especially at the stage of writing a thesis. Our literature review research aims to find out about anxiety in students and its prevention efforts. Approximately 80% of students who experience anxiety during thesis exams are recorded. Our literature research finds that prevention efforts are needed, including increasing individual student awareness to reduce negative thoughts and trying to focus thoughts and attention on positive things. In addition, universities need to provide adequate health facilities, including psychological assistance.
Saffron in the treatment of depression, anxiety and other mental disorders: Current evidence and potential mechanisms of action – ScienceDirect
The Effect of Music Therapy and Aromatherapy with Chamomile-Lavender Essential Oil on the Anxiety of Clinical Nurses: A Randomized and Double-Blind Clinical Trial (nih.gov)
Maulana I, S S, Aat S, Titin S, Efri W, Rafiah I, et al. Penyuluhan Kesehatan Jiwa untuk Meningkatkan Pengetahuan Masyarakat tentang Masalah Kesehatan Jiwa di Lingkungan Sekitarnya. Media Karya Kesehat [Internet]. 2019 Aug 30 [cited 2021 Dec 17];2(2). Available from: https://jurnal.unpad.ac.id/mkk/article/view/22175
Livia Prajogo S, Yudiarso A. Metaanalisis Efektivitas Acceptance and Commitment Therapy untuk Menangani Gangguan Kecemasan Umum. Psikologika J Pemikir dan Penelit Psikol. 2021;26(1):85–100.
Pramudita, Manikya Cynthia, Ira Wirasari, and Sri Nurbani. 2021. “Perancangan Kampanye Kesehatan Pencegahan Social Anxiety Melalui Pengurangan Negative Thoughts Pada Remaja Designing a Social Anxiety Prevention Health Campaign through Reducing Negative Thoughts in Adolescents.” e-Proceeding of Art & Design 7(1): 38–43.
Rafie, Rakhmi. 2021. “Perbedaan Metode Afirmasi Diri Dan Konseling Untuk Pencegahan Kecemasan Menghadapi Tes (Test Anxiety) Pada Mahasiswa Kedokteran Di Universitas Malahayati.” Jurnal Kebidanan Malahayati 7(1): 123–30.
Setiawan, B., Supardi, F., & Bani, V. K. B. (2017). Analisis spasial kerentanan wilayah terhadap kejadian demam berdarah dengue di wilayah kerja Puskesmas Umbulharjo Kota Yogyakarta Tahun 2013. Jurnal Vektor Penyakit, 11(2), 77-87.
Park, D., Ramirez, G., & Beilock, S. L. (2014). The role of expressive writing in math anxiety. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 20(2), 103.
Milne R, Munro M (2020) Symptoms and causes of anxiety, and its diagnosis and management. Nursing Times [online]; 116: 10, 18-22.
Amira, I., Sriati, A., Hendrawati, & Chaerani, A. (2021). Literature Review: Intervensi dalam Menurunkan Kecemasan pada Mahasiswa. Jurnal Kesehatan Bakti Tunas Husada: Jurnal Ilmu Keperawatan, Analisis Kesehatan Dan Farmasi, 21(2), 286–302.
Arini, F. N., Adriatmoko, W., & Novita, M. (2017). Perubahan Tanda Vital sebagai Gejala Rasa Cemas sebelum Melakukan Tindakan Pencabutan Gigi pada Mahasiswa Profesi Klinik Bedah Mulut RSGM Universitas Jember. E-Jurnal Pustaka Kesehatan, 5(2).
Sari, R. P., Sherly, E., & Ruminem. (2021). Artikel Penelitian The Anxiety of School Children of 6-12 Years Old With Leukemia Through Chemotherapy In The Melati Room Abdul Wahab Sjahranie Hospital Samarinda. Jurnal Kesehatan Pasak Bumi Kalimantan, 4(1), 11–20.
Jeklin, Andrew. 2016. “済無No Title No Title No Title.” (July): 1–23.
Livana, Y Susanti, and D Arisanti. 2018. “Tingkat Ansietas Mahasiswa Dalam Menyusun Skripsi.” Community of Publishing in Nursing (Coping) 6: 115–20.
Malfasari, Eka, and Fitry Erlin. 2017. “Terapi Thougth Stopping (Ts) Untuk Ansietas Mahasiswa Praktik Klinik Di Rumah Sakit.” Jurnal Endurance 2(3): 444.
Copyright (c) 2021 Dewi Yuniasih
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Ahmad Dahlan Medical Journal posting Your Article Policy.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities - tacitly or explicitly - of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Ahmad Dahlan Medical Journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.