Application of taguchi experiment design to reduce lignin contents of rice straw
Keywords:Design, Rice Straw, Lignin, Ozonolysis, Taguchi.
AbstractThe Taguchi experimental design is an experimental design to get the quality of an object by providing the best design at the procurement stage. In this case, the Taguchi design was applied to reduce the contents of lignin from rice straw, where lignin is one of the rice straw components that useless which must be reduced or eliminated. Rice straw is composed of lignin, cellulose, and hemicellulose. The existence of lignin components that become a protective wall will inhibit the activity of cellulose, and hemicellulose for further processing to produce some fermented products such as bio-gas, bio-ethanol, bio-plastics, and others. The process of decreasing lignin content from rice straw is done in ozonolysis. In this study, Taguchi's experimental design analysis was using the application of MINITAB 14 which used for statistical calculation and create a level setting in a tabular form of arrays called orthogonal arrays. The orthogonal array matrix used is L9 (33 ) which states that the process was conducted 9 times with variations of 3 factors and 3 levels. The factors that influence the decrease in lignin levels include sample size, ozone flow rate, and contact time. The results showed that the smallest lignin content was carried out at 80 mesh sample size, the ozone flow rate of 3 L / Min, and contact time for 10 minutes.
Aprilyanti, S., & Suryani, F. (2020). Penerapan Desain Eksperimen Taguhi untuk Meningkatkan Kualitas Produksi Batu Bata Dari Sekam Padi. J@TI UNDIP: Jurnal Teknik Industri, 15(2), 102â€“108.
Baharuddin, M., Sappewali, S., Karisma, K., & Fitriyani, J. (2016). Produksi Bioetanol Dari Jerami Padi (Oryza Sativa L.) Dan Kulit Pohon Dao (Dracontamelon) Melalui Proses Sakarifikasi Dan Fermentasi Serentak (SFS). Chimica et Natura Acta, 4(1), 1.
Bahri, S. (2017). Pembuatan Pulp dari Batang Pisang. Jurnal Teknologi Kimia Unimal, 4(2), 36. https://doi.org/10.29103/jtku.v4i2.72
Bhernama, B. G. (2017). Degradasi Zat Warna Malachite Green Secara Ozonolisis Dengan Penambahan Katalis TiO2 anatase dan ZnO. Elkawnie, 3(1), 1â€“10. https://doi.org/10.22373/ekw.v3i1.535
Efmi, A., Hari Adianto, R., & Zaini, E. (2015). Usulan Perbaikan Kualitas Kuat Tekan Produk Bata Beton Paving Block Dengan Tambahan Trass Menggunakan Metode Taguchi. Jurnal Online
Institut Teknologi Nasional Oktober.
Goundar, S. (2012). Research methodology and research questions. 3, 84â€“193.
Gunam, I. B. W.â€¯; A., & Wartini. (2011). Delignifikasi Ampas Tebu Dengan Larutan Natrium Hidroksida Sebelum Proses Sakaraifikasi Secara Enzimatis Menggunakan Enzim Selulase
Kasar Dari Aspergillus Niger. Jurnal Teknologi Indonesia, 34(January), 24â€“32.
Kurnia Dewi, T., Wijaya Wirson, P., & Dw Simaremare, C. (2011). Pengaruh Waktu Perendaman, Penambahan Serat Dan Suhu Perebusan Terhadap Kualitas Kertas Hasil Daur Ulang Kertas
Bekas. Jurnal Teknik Kimia, 17(5), 1â€“9.
Novia, Windarti, A., & Rosmawati. (2014). Pembuatan Bioetanol dari Jerami Padi dengan Metode Ozonolisis â€“ Simultaneous Saccharification and Fermentation ( SSF ). Jurnal Teknik Kimia,
Pratiwi, R., Rahayu, D., & Barliana, M. I. (2016). Pemanfaatan Selulosa Dari Limbah Jerami Padi (Oryza sativa) Sebagai Bahan Bioplastik. Indonesian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and
Technology, 3(3), 83. https://doi.org/10.15416/ijpst.v3i3.9406
Putra, G., & Tontowi, E. (2019). Analisis Ukuran Pori Biokomposit (Sericin - Bioplastik) pada Berbagai Suhu Pembekuan Awal dengan Metode Taguchi. Jurnal Teknik Industri TRISAKTI, 9(3), 145â€“153.
Setiarto, R. H. B. (2016). Prospek Dan Potensi Pemanfaatan Lignoselulosa Jerami Padi Menjadi Kompos, Silase Dan Biogas Melalui Fermentasi Mikroba. Jurnal Selulosa, 3(02), 51â€“66.
Setiati, R., Wahyuningrum, D., Siregar, S., & Marhaendrajana, T. (2016). Optimasi Pemisahan Lignin Ampas Tebu Dengan Menggunakan Natrium Hidroksida. ETHOS (Jurnal Penelitian
Dan Pengabdian), (September 2018), 257. https://doi.org/10.29313/ethos.v0i0.1970
Telaumbanua, A., Siregar, K., Sinaga, T. S., Industri, D. T., Teknik, F., Utara, U. S., â€¦ Usu, K. (2013). Analisis Pengendalian Kualitas Dengan Pendekatan Metode Taguchi Pada Pt Asahan Crumb Rubber. Jurnal Teknik Industri USU, 3(5), 1â€“7.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read the International Journal of Industrial Optimization (IJIO) Author Guidelines atÂ http://journal2.uad.ac.id/index.php/ijio/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities tacitly or explicitly of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with the International Journal of Industrial Optimization (IJIO) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.