STRUKTURASI IDEOLOGI CERPEN â€œGERIMIS YANG SEDERHANAâ€ KARYA EKA KURNIAWAN
Keywords:Hegemony, Structuration, Ideology, and Chinese
ÂThe short story "Gerimis yang Sederhana" by Eka Kurniawan is an interesting literary work to be studied, through hegemony and structuration approaches. This short story presents a psychological impact (trauma) after the violence that occurred in the Chinese community in 1998, especially for victims of 1998 who chose to stay abroad. In the context of ideology, there are four ideologies in this short story, namely: the ideology of tyranny, humanism, conservatives, and liberalism. Tyrannical and conservative ideologies became the dominant group. The ideology of liberalism becomes ideological negotiation. The ideology of liberalism also reflects the author's ideology. Regarding the application of the structuration theory, Eka Kurniawan responded to the condition of the victims of 1998, who were still traumatized. This condition has an impact on their lack of participation in public spaces. The ideology of liberalism is expected to encourage that. As a result, five years later there was a deputy governor (subsequently governor) who was directly elected by the people to lead Jakarta from the Chinese community. That is, there is an influence between the agent (author) with the structure of society
Beny G, Sutiono. 2008. Tionghoa dalam Pusaran Politik: Mengungkap Fakta Sejarah Tersembunyi Orang Tionghoa di Indonesia. Edisi pertama. Jakarta : Trans Media.
Cohen, Ira J. 2008. â€œTeori Strukturasi dan Praksis Sosialâ€ dalam Social Theory Today : Panduan Sistematis Tradisi dan Tren Terdepan Teori Sosiologi (Ed) Amtony Giddens dan Jonathan Turner. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Faruk. 2005. Pengantar Sosiologi Sastra. Cetakan ke-4. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
_____. 2007. Belenggu Pasca-kolonial: Hegemoni dan Resistensi Sastra Indonesia. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Hutton, Erica. 2009. Bias Motivation in Crime: A Theoretical Examination. Internet Journal of Criminology.
Kleden, Ignas. 2004. Sastra Indonesia dalam Enam Pertanyaan: Esai-esai Sastra dan Budaya. Jakarta: Pustaka Utama Grafiti.
Lasker, Bruno. 1946. The Role of The Chinese in The Netherland Indies. The Far Eastern Quarterly Journal.
Muas, Nur Mutia dan R. Tuty, Eddy Prabowo Witanto. 2005. Aktualisasi Peran Sosial Wanita Cina di Jabodetabek. Depok: Universitas Indonesia. Jurnal Makara, Sosial Humaniora, Vol 9.
Patria, Nezaar dan Arief, Andi. 2009. Antonio Gramsci: Negara dan Hegemoni. Cetakan ke-3. Yogykarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Teeuw, A. 2003. Sastera dan Ilmu Sastera. Jakarta: Pustaka Jaya.
Weeraratne, Suranjan. 2009. Degrees of Scapegoatability: Accesing Spatial Variations in Collective Violence against the Ethnic Chinese in Indonesia. Montreal: McGill University.
Kuniawan, Eka. 2017. Gerimis yang Sederhana.via https://cerpenkompas.wordpress.com/2007/12/16/gerimis-yang-sederhana diakses 25 Juni 2020 pukul 11.00 WIB.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities â€“ tacitly or explicitly â€“ of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Mimesis agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.