Effects of Giving Kaffir Kaffir Extract ( Citrus hystrix ) on Blood Glucose Levels in Wistar Rats
Dyslipidemia is associated with cardiovascular disease as well as hyperglycemia and insulin resistance. One of the natural ingredients for controlling dyslipidemia is kaffir lime peel ( Citrus hystrix ), which contains flavonoids and polyphenols that act as antioxidants and regulate blood glucose. This study aims to prove the effect of kaffir lime peel in lowering blood glucose levels. Methods : Post-test only controlled group design study , using 25 wistar rats divided into 5 groups, namely group (K-) without high-fat diet and extract (K+) was given a high-fat diet alone, (P1) was given kaffir lime peel extract at a dose of 35 mg/kg BW rats/day, (P2) was given extract at a dose of 70 mg/kg BW rats/day and (P3) was given extract at a dose of 140 mg. /kgBW rats/day. The intervention was given for 3 weeks and then blood glucose levels were measured using the GOD-PAP method. The data were analyzed using the Kruskal Wallis test and continued with the Mann-Whitney test. Results : The results showed a significant difference in the mean GDS levels between groups p=0.011 (p<0.05), Mann-Whitney test showed K(-) against P1 (ρ=0.009), K(-) against P2 (ρ=0.016) , K(-) to P3 (ρ=0.028), and P1 to P2 (ρ=0.028).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Ika Dyah Kurniati, Dyah Mustika Nugraheni, Mutiara Aura Kusuma
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Ahmad Dahlan Medical Journal posting Your Article Policy.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities - tacitly or explicitly - of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Ahmad Dahlan Medical Journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.