KARAKTERISTIK KEBAHASAAN TOKOH LAKI-LAKI DAN PEREMPUAN PADA FILM “TEKA-TEKI TIKA” KARYA ERNEST PRAKASA
Keywords:Language , Language and Gender , Gender , Film
This research focuses on the language features of the male and female characters in the film “Teka Teki Tika” by Ernest Prakasa. The author presents a characteristic description of the language of male and female characters in films based on Lakoff's theory. In this study, the authors used a qualitative descriptive method with careful observation techniques in obtaining data. The purpose of this study is to describe and identify the language features of the male and female characters in the film "Teka Teti Tika" by Ernest Prakasa. The results of the analysis show that there are six linguistic characteristics found in male and female characters based on Lakoff's theory, namely (1) empty adjectives; (2) hedge; (3) intensifier; (4) super polite form; (5) tag question; and (6) avoidance of strong swear word. The most dominant linguistic feature used in this film is the term super polite form where the female character uses the term with the highest frequency compared to the male character.
Cahyani, V., & Apriyani, T. (2022). Karakteristik Kebahasaan tokoh perempuan dan laki-laki dalam film pendek. MIMESIS, 48-57.
Chaer, A. (1994). Linguistik umum. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Fakih, M. (2008). Analisis gender dan transformasi sosial. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Hasanah, H., & Wicaksono, H.N. (2021). Bahasa dan gender: karakteristik kebahasaan perempuan Jawa dalam Film ‘Tilik’. Jurnal Budaya FIB UB. Vol 2. No. 1, 7-17
Hidayati, N. N. (2016). Bahasa dan gender: karakteristik kebahasaan laki-laki dan perempuan dalam film anak. AL HIKMAH Jurnal Studi Keislaman, 9-32.
Kridalaksana, H. (2008). Kamus Linguistik Edisi Keempat. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Lakoff, R. (1973). Language and Woman's Place. Cambridge University Press.
Lakoff, R. (1975). Language and Woman's Place. Harper & Row Publisher.
Lakoff, R. (1987). Language and Woman's Place (Revised and Expanded Edition). Oxford University Press.
Malabar, S. (2015). Sosiolinguistik. Gorontalo: Ideas Publishing.
Mustari, M., & Rahman, M. T. (2012). Pengantar Metode Penelitian. Yogyakarta: LaksBang Pressindo.
Nurgiyantoro, B. (2013). Teori pengkajian fiksi (Edisi Revisi. Cetakan ke-10). Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada Press.
Ohiowutu, P. (1996). Sosiolinguistik: memahami bahasa dalam konteks masyarakat dan kebudayaan. Jakarta: PT Gramedia.
Pranowo. (2014). Teori belajar bahasa. Celeban Timur: Pustaka Pelajar.
Saleh, H. (2017). Bahasa dan gender dalam keragaman pemahaman. Cirebon: Eduvision.
Thomas, L., & Wareing, S. (2007). Bahasa, masyarakat, dan kekuasaan. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Copyright (c) 2023 Indar Rupidara
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities tacitly or explicitly of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Mimesis agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.