MAKNA METAFORIS DALAM PUISI “SAJAK PERTEMUAN MAHASISWA” KARYA W.S. RENDRA MELALUI TINJAUAN SEMANTIK STEPHEN ULLMANN
Keywords:Metaphorical meaning, Methapor, Poem , Ullmann , W.S. Rendra
AbstractThis research aims to describe the metaphorical meaning contained in the poem titled "Sajak Pertemuan Mahasiswa" as explained by Stephen Ullmann (1962). Ullmann categorizes metaphors into four types: anthropomorphic metaphor, animal metaphor, concrete-to-abstract metaphor, and synesthesia metaphor. The method used in this research is qualitative research. This qualitative research method uses content analysis to focus on studying literary works. Then, the writer uses library techniques to collect references from books and scientific works to support this research. This technique is continued with the use of note technique, namely numeric technique, in every methapor category. As for the presentation of research results, the author uses an informal method, namely the presentation of data in ordinary words, as a medium to convey the contents of this research. By categorizing the metaphorical meanings that have been collected, the writer discovers that the most categories are anthropomorphic metaphors and metaphors from concrete to abstract, whereas no data with related meanings is found in synesthesia metaphors.
Abdul Wahab. (1990). “Metafora sebagai Alat Pelacak Sistem Ekologi” dalam Bambang Kaswanti (Purwo, Ed.). Lembaga Bahasa Unika Atma Jaya.
Azhar, I. N. (2010). ANALISIS PIJAK KAKI W.S RENDRA DALAM PUISI BERJUDUL “SAJAK PERTEMUAN MAHASISWA” (Dengan Menggunakan Pendekatan Tatabahasa Fungsional) . MEDAN BAHASA, 5, 17.
Edi Subroto. (2007). Pengantar Metode Penelitian Linguistik Srtuktural. Lembaga Pengembangan Pendidikan UNS & UNS Press.
Nusantaraku. (2009, August 7). Puisi-Puisi WS Rendra (Mahasiswa dan Pendidikan Karakter). Nusantaraku .
Pratiwi, D. A. ; S. I. F. L. (2018). Kritik Sosial Dalam Kumpulan Puisi W.S Rendra: Kehidupan Masyarakat di Indonesia. CAKRAWALA LINGUISTA, 67.
Stephen Ullmann. (2014). Pengantar Semantik (edisi terjemahan oleh Sumarsono). Pustaka Pelajar.
Sudaryanto. (1988). Metode Lingustik Bagian II : Metode dan Teknik Pengumpulan Data. Gadjah Mada University Press.
Copyright (c) 2023 Narendra Brahmantyo K.R., Irwan Suswandi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities tacitly or explicitly of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Mimesis agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.