ANALYZE THE USE OF PROGRESSIVE VERB ON SPONGEBOB MOVIES SERIES
Keywords:Article, Progressive Verb SpongeBob, Analyze
AbstractProgressive verb or continuous tense is a verb tense that uses to describe an action or activity that still ongoing. This progressive verb can be in past, present, and future tense. This article inspects progressive verbs in SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Series. Descriptive qualitative is the method of this article. It analyzes the distribution of progressive verb on the movie series, and which one from the progressive verb form that most distribution in movie series.
Elsness, J. (n.d.). On the progression of the progressive in early. ICAME Journal, 18, 5.
Hanum, U. L. (2018). Forms and meanings of stative verbs in progressive tense: a corpus
Linguistics research. ELS Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities, 1( 2621-0843), 183.
What is the progressive verb tense? Definition, examples of the continuous tense. Accessed on May 2021 https://writingexplained.org/grammar-dictionary/progressive- verb-tense
Progressive verb. Accessed on May 2021 https://www.grammar- monster.com/glossary/progressive_tenses.htm
Madhuri, A. Simple present and present continuous. Accessed on May 2021 https://kpu.pressbooks.pub/effectiveenglish/chapter/simple-present-and-present- continuous/
Jabbari, A. A. (2015). L3 Acquisition of simple and present progressive tenses by Iranian EFL learners. SAGE Open, 8.
Nurhayati. (2017). Verb tense analysis of research article. PROGRESSIVE, 12(1979-4975 ), 58.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities â€“ tacitly or explicitly â€“ of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Mimesis agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.